During a press conference on Tuesday, President Joe Biden addressed the expansion of mental health care access and made a confident statement about finding a cure for cancer.
The President’s unique perspective on facts, seeing them as flexible, led The Daily Wire to report that he “boasted about putting an end to cancer as we know it.”
While speaking at the press conference, Biden mentioned that he is frequently asked why Americans have lost faith in their ability to achieve significant accomplishments. In response to a question posed to himself in the third person, he stated, “I would cure cancer.”
Reflecting on a past moment, Biden shared that when he expressed his ambition to cure cancer, some people questioned his choice. He responded, “Because no one believes it’s possible. But I do, and we have achieved it.”
Biden: "I said I'd cure cancer they looked at me like, why cancer? Because we can. We ended cancer as we know it." pic.twitter.com/RI5JqxyG3A— Greg Price (@greg_price11) July 25, 2023
On Tuesday, Biden made a declaration, stating, “I don’t see a difference between breaking your arm and having a mental breakdown. It’s all about health, no distinction.” This statement once again brought attention to his mental fitness.
White House officials quietly released a revised transcript, clarifying that the President actually said, “We can end cancer as we know it.” Some speculated that Biden might be attempting to fulfill a 2019 campaign pledge, where he vowed to cure cancer, emphasizing its significance as a transformative step for America.
Promise made, promises kept.— Atomic BaNg! (@Atomic_BaNg) July 26, 2023
Joe Biden cures cancer. pic.twitter.com/6VKxDSIq1M
Social media had a field day mocking Biden’s claim:
Joe Biden: I said I'd cure cancer they looked at me like, why cancer? Because we can. We ended cancer as we know it.— Media Research Center (@theMRC) July 25, 2023
Fact-Check: Joe Biden has not cured cancer pic.twitter.com/SpUFWT5PJ3
Today Joe Biden said he cured cancer and only 100 people died from Covid.— -6% peaceful Corn pop 🤍 (@angrycrackbaby) July 26, 2023
81 million 🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗 pic.twitter.com/WBxGq8xaWF
Joe Biden said he cured cancer today.— Leeleeliberty (@Leeleeliberty11) July 25, 2023
Soooo, that’s how we’re doing.
He’s completely cognitive, guys. No mental delays whatsoever.
God save the queen, man.
MAGA Pen 2024!
Are you ready to SUPPORT our President and prove, once again, that WE can Make America Great Again?
Owning the MAGA Pen 2024 will make you a true patriot. 2024 is near, get ready to give your vote with the victory Pen, the Pen that will write down the History one more time and Make America Great Again.
Several of Joe Biden’s statements have faced scrutiny, with some being proven false. Here are a few examples:
- He has repeatedly stated that he was arrested with Nelson Mandela, which has been disproven.
- He claimed that the NAACP endorsed his candidacy, which also turned out to be untrue.
- Biden asserted that he did not support the Gulf War, but evidence suggests otherwise.
- He stated that he attended law school on a full academic scholarship and earned three degrees, but this has been contradicted.
- Biden claimed that Americans’ “take-home pay” increased in 2023, which was not supported by factual data.
- He also claimed that America created 12 million new jobs in 2023, but the numbers didn’t align with this assertion.
- Lastly, Biden took credit for the “largest deficit reduction in American history,” a claim that has been challenged.